Childhood Obesity Quiz
You've probably heard about the "obesity epidemic" among children in the United States. But how much do you know? Take our quiz and find out.
Please note: In this quiz, "overweight" refers to all children with a body mass index (BMI) at or above the 85th percentile for age. "Obese" is a subgroup of overweight and includes children with a BMI at or above the 95th percentile for age.
1. About one in every eight children is overweight. True False
2. Children in racial and ethnic minority groups are more likely to be overweight. True False
3. Being overweight is mostly genetic. True False
4. Most parents of overweight children are aware that their children are overweight and know about the risks to their health. True False
5. Adolescent girls are less likely to be overweight than adolescent boys. True False
6. About half of all high school students have a gym class (physical education) every day. True False
7. More than 80 percent of children and adolescents eat at least one serving of fruit and one serving of vegetables each day. True False