Keeping A Diary
From the National Headache Foundation
Keeping a headache diary can help your doctor help you. The National Headache Foundation suggests answering the following quations to compile your headache history.
Include in your diary:
- When did you start having headaches?
- How often they occur? At what time of day? During the week or on weekends?
- How long do they last?
- Where is the pain?
- Which word best describes it: throbbing, pounding, splitting, stabbing, blinding?
- What triggers your headaches: certain foods, certain physical activities, bright light, strong odors, cigarette smoke, stress, noise or oversleeping?
- Are your headaches associated with your menstrual cycle?
- What symptoms do you experience prior to the headache?
- Does anyone else in your family suffer from headaches?
- Do you notice visual disturbances before or after your headaches?
- Do you suffer from more than one type of headache?
Print our easy-to-use Migraine Diary.