Healthy Heart Goals For Women
From The American Heart Association Go Red for Women
Knowing your numbers is an important part of keeping your heart healthy. These numbers can help you and your doctor determine your risks and mark the progress you make toward a healthier heart.
- Total Cholesterol — Less than 200 mg/dL
- LDL ("bad") Cholesterol — LDL cholesterol goals vary.
- Less than 100 mg/dL is Optimal.
- 100 to 129 mg/dL is Near optimal/Above optimal.
- 130 to 159 mg/dL is Borderline high.
- 160 to 189 mg/dL is High
- 190 mg/dL and above is Very high
- HDL (good) Cholesterol — 50 mg/dL or higher
- Triglycerides — Less than 150 mg/dL
- Blood Pressure — Less than 140/90mmHg
- Fasting Glucose — Less than 100 mg/dL
- Body Mass Index (BMI) — 18.5 to 24.9 Kg/m²
- Waist circumference — Women: Less than 35 inches