Get Your Answers Ready
Here are some questions you may be asked in a questionnaire or by the nurse or doctor. Prepare your answers to these questions before your appointment, so you will have dates and your medical information ready to discuss as needed. It is also helpful to bring with you any calendar or record of your menstrual bleeding pattern and related symptoms of pain, cramps, discharge or other problems.
- When did your last period start?
- How long do your periods last? Is the bleeding heavy or light? How many days between periods?
- What medications are you taking? Are you allergic to any medications?
- Do you smoke? Do you drink alcohol? Do you take any vitamins, herbs or recreational drugs?
- What disease or medical conditions have you had or do you have now? What about members of your family? List past surgeries and hospitalizations.
- Are you having sexual intercourse?
- Do you think you might be pregnant?
- Are you using birth control and/or are you interested in learning more about birth control options?
- Do you perform breast self-examinations?
- How often do you exercise?